Xiaomi India’s Managing Director Manu Kumar Jain recently twitted that Xiaomi is all set to launch its first Dual Camera Smartphone in India in September. However, he doesn’t mention which Xiaomi smartphone model will be introduced in India next month, but speculations are it could be Xiaomi Mi 5X. The Xiaomi Mi 5X was launched in China on July 25, 2017, at the price of 1499 Yuan which is around 14500 rupees approximately.
Can't wait for you guys to check out Xiaomi's first dual-camera phone in India! Coming next month! ☺️
Can you guess which one? pic.twitter.com/UhtFphm0GT
— Manu Kumar Jain (@manukumarjain) August 8, 2017
Manu Kumar Jain said, in his twit on Monday, “Can’t wait for you guys to check out Xiaomi’s first dual-camera phone in India! Coming next month! Can you guess which one?”. Though Mi 6 also comes with dual camera setup but looking at the success of budget segment Xiaomi smartphones, there is a strong possibility of induction of Mi 5X in Indian Smartphone market by Xiaomi.
Here are the brief features of the Xiaomi Mi 5X:
– Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 Platform clocked at 2.0 GHz
– 5.5″ Full HD LTPS Display
– 4 GB RAM 32/64GB Internal Storage
– 12 MP Dual Rear camera setup with one wide angle lens with 1.25-micron pixel sensor and f/2.2 aperture and another telephoto lens with 1-micron pixel sensor and f/2.6 aperture
– 5 MP front camera with beautification feature
– 3080 mAH Battery
– MIUI 9 based on Android Nougat 7.1
– Other features include 4G VoLTE, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11ac, GPS/ A-GPS, USB Type-C port, and 3.5mm headphone jack.
According to the rumors, the Mi 5X will be the first smartphone in India having the latest MIUI 9 out of the box. It is also expected that the company will launch Mi 5X with very aggressive pricing to compete with newly launch Lenovo K8 Note and other smartphones that gonna be launch with a dual camera’s this month.
Stay tuned for more updates as we can share the whole news once the Mi 5x launch in India.